Wednesday, December 23, 2020

I / Deluke Muwanigwa

When i die
I won't cry
I shan't
I can't
I ll be in rigor mortis
Tears of the living won't notice
Having gone
To sleep alone
No regrets
'Twas as good as it gets
No dull moments
Lots of comments
Now silent
In my islet
Six feet down
No longer in town

I would remember
January to December
Every month
Enjoying so much
Everyday of the week
Pleasure at its peak
Monday was money day
Robbing people of their pay
Tuesday was the day we'd choose them
Those to rob without shame
Wednesday was weddings day
At weddings pretending to pray
Thursday we would be thirsty
Ready for the next day's feisty
Friday we roast them with beers
Beef, chicken, the opaque, the clears

Saturday was the start day we'd be at our peak
A day of counting the blessings of the week
Sunday was fun day
Getting ready for monday
A full life
Doing what i like
So when i die
I'll just sigh
My last breath
My final break
No ceremony
No sermon
'Twill just be me
I'll be free
Dying
I

No comments:

Post a Comment

घरेलू स्त्री / ममता व्यास

जिन्दगी को ही कविता माना उसने जब जैसी, जिस रूप में मिली खूब जतन से पढ़ा, सुना और गुना... वो नहीं जानती तुम्हारी कविताओं के नियम लेकिन उ...