Saturday, March 28, 2020

Love Your Enemies / Luz Hanaii

'Love Your Enemies', my brother said
and I began to live again...
simple words uttered by pure light
sent my thoughts to things above.

Yet when I saw those that rejoice in harm
approach me with venom in their hearts
I ran away to safer grounds,
to hide in his pure love that abounds.

I did not provoke, but feared their hate.
Again my brother said, to love
the poor that lacked his light,
to judge not their hearts.

I prayed they'd see your light
to come afloat from such darkness,
the confusion that false ego brings.
I prayed they'd feel your love.

It wasn't long before I saw them cry
tears of affliction and genuine pain,
righteous oppression brought on
by the source that purifies the souls.

In their anguish and pain I did not rejoice
but in the pureness that remained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

घरेलू स्त्री / ममता व्यास

जिन्दगी को ही कविता माना उसने जब जैसी, जिस रूप में मिली खूब जतन से पढ़ा, सुना और गुना... वो नहीं जानती तुम्हारी कविताओं के नियम लेकिन उ...