Wednesday, March 21, 2018

The Flight, Solo / Devesh Kumar Pandey

#WorldPoetryDay
#yourstruly

Sometimes words fail me. Though I want to speak so much, So many things on mind. And all I can manage is a smile, Or a shrieking loud silence. Chilling me to the bones all this while.
Sometimes emotions fail me too. I feel numb to everything around. I know people are watching, Expecting a reaction out of me. But I am in a different plane, Untouched of their joy and agony.
Sometimes I am just tired of words. I just want to grow wings, And fly miles away like the birds. Neither to some warm beautiful place, Nor in the comfort of my flock. My winged journey, alone, to world of coldness.
Sometimes I feel bruised and broken. With unmanageable load of expectations. When all my words and actions are recorded, To be questioned, arm-wrestled and bent. I feel too numb and tired for any protest. So I smile, or keep silent.
Sometimes I am only bidding my time. Waiting to feel the chill in my bones, Then the numbness of a different plane. The urge of the solo flight, Far away from the place I am wrong, Far away from the place I am right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

घरेलू स्त्री / ममता व्यास

जिन्दगी को ही कविता माना उसने जब जैसी, जिस रूप में मिली खूब जतन से पढ़ा, सुना और गुना... वो नहीं जानती तुम्हारी कविताओं के नियम लेकिन उ...