Saturday, June 20, 2020

School Window / Mark Heathcote

I go missing at school, when I'm
Seated near any kind of window,
Eyes-glaze-over like a frost flower
That grows melts in the blink of an eye.

I spy, Fireweed swaying in the breeze
That summer-clock tells the end of-
Summer and the beginning of autumn,
But I envision an eternal spring.

Where everything, mislaid is found again
Found, flowering on-arrival perpetual.
I imagine Fireweed spikes swaying
That never gives up their flame.

When a teacher shouts, boy, turn around!
Yes, I imagine frost flowers everlasting;
I imagine a birdsong uninterrupted
Arcadian-playgrounds ceaselessly green.

That's where I go missing, when I'm
Seated near any kind of school window
Oh, I can't wait for that school-bell.
Lord, knows I've been here too many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

घरेलू स्त्री / ममता व्यास

जिन्दगी को ही कविता माना उसने जब जैसी, जिस रूप में मिली खूब जतन से पढ़ा, सुना और गुना... वो नहीं जानती तुम्हारी कविताओं के नियम लेकिन उ...