Saturday, February 1, 2020

I Am Hopeful Of Tomorrow (Me Chhum Aash Paghich) / Dinanath Kaul Nadim

I am hopeful of tomorrow.
How nice! Our chlidren are going to receive their father tomorrow.
I shall rush to receive him the moment he calls me by name on arrival.
Holding him in my embrace, I shall dance around him in delight.
I shall make him to sit on flooring of new grass mat.
How nice, our children are going to receive their father tomorrow.
I shall wash his feet, he must be tired
I shall also lull him to sleep.
Later I shall open the wounds of my heart before him.
Children are going to receive their father tomorrow.
It is rumoured that war is imminent.
Oh God! It should not take place tomorrow.
It should never take place.
I am hopful of a tomorrow.
Tomorrow our world is going to be sunlit.

(Translation from Kashmiri by A K Mota )

No comments:

Post a Comment

घरेलू स्त्री / ममता व्यास

जिन्दगी को ही कविता माना उसने जब जैसी, जिस रूप में मिली खूब जतन से पढ़ा, सुना और गुना... वो नहीं जानती तुम्हारी कविताओं के नियम लेकिन उ...