Sunday, December 8, 2019

Come Out and Play / Dann Thomas

Come out and play
Come out and see the sun
Its seen millions like you
And much more to come.

Come and see the rain
As it waters a new life
Catch it, play with it,
Its given and taken lives.

I will teach you the sting of the bee has its sweetness
And the call of the wild bird is none less
I will show you the proud hen and its new egg
And the new born calf on its twisted shaky legs

Come out and watch
For you the stars are dancing
Little spots of wonder
Searching the deep and distant darkening

Come out and touch
The earth with your bare hands
Climb up on trees, they hold,
Great stories of the lands

I will teach how clay bends in the hands of the potter
And to catch a worm, to catch a fish from the river
I will show you how silk from a worm is threaded
And how coloured dust on the butterfly is embedded

I will show you trees fighting for the light
And the sunflowers with faces to one side bright
I will show you the sleepy leaves of the big Rain tree
And the strong roots that break out from rock free

Come out and sing
Shout into the wind
It’s the breath of the earth
That holds the quiet and the din.

Come out and see
I’m the boy walking sheep
I’m the girl with pots at the tap
I’m the one through train windows you see,
And what you call education, doesn’t apply to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

घरेलू स्त्री / ममता व्यास

जिन्दगी को ही कविता माना उसने जब जैसी, जिस रूप में मिली खूब जतन से पढ़ा, सुना और गुना... वो नहीं जानती तुम्हारी कविताओं के नियम लेकिन उ...