Friday, May 24, 2019

I Do Not Agree / Mamata Banerjee

The colour of communalism
I do not believe in,
There is aggression and tolerance
in every religion.
I am a humble servant of the gentle Renaissance
raised in Bengal.
I don't believe in selling religious aggression,
I believe in a religion that draws light from humanism.
Those who expediently use religion as a trump card
and reside on mountains of riches.
I keep myself engrossed in my numerous duties
while you appear to have no such qualms.
Is that why you resort to selling aggression in religion?
Those who believe in tolerance,
let us come together and awaken all.
When the whole world is but one country
O why this arithmetic that seeks to make aggression a virtue?

No comments:

Post a Comment

घरेलू स्त्री / ममता व्यास

जिन्दगी को ही कविता माना उसने जब जैसी, जिस रूप में मिली खूब जतन से पढ़ा, सुना और गुना... वो नहीं जानती तुम्हारी कविताओं के नियम लेकिन उ...