Thursday, June 21, 2018

Love Me, Please? / Ipsita Barik

We’re all craving a little bit of love. 
You see all around you, these beautiful people, 
In love with each other, 
Finding each other stunning 
Uplifting each other, 
A comfortable silence hangs around their presence 
As if all they need to be happy 
Is already beside them. 
I had a love like that one time. 
It made me feel butterflies in my stomach to look at him
Four years after we started dating. 
A horrible flutter in my heart that made me smile and weep and shout, 
But something that made me feel alive, 
Or at least, something. 
It made me feel like I had a purpose. 
And when that went to waste, 
I lost myself. 
See, here’s the thing about me. 
I have a lot of love to give. 
I am happy when I can love someone. 
For I don’t know how to love myself. 
And I see all these beautiful people around me
Who have all these beautiful people around them who love them so much 
And I am a little tortoise 
With a broken heart
Trying so desperately to hide in its broken shell. 
I crave love. 
And I, like a fool, will be one 
Who talks of heartbreak 
Who tells everyone
That they are lonely 
That they are sad
That they want someone to give a fuck 
To look at them and think that they are beautiful 
And not see all the ways they want to break them down. 
I want love. 
I want a simple, uncomplicated love. 
I want someone to love me. 
Please? 
I promise I won’t hurt you! 
I promise to love you a lot 
To cherish you, 
And look at you, 
Like they look in the movies. 
Please love me back?

No comments:

Post a Comment

घरेलू स्त्री / ममता व्यास

जिन्दगी को ही कविता माना उसने जब जैसी, जिस रूप में मिली खूब जतन से पढ़ा, सुना और गुना... वो नहीं जानती तुम्हारी कविताओं के नियम लेकिन उ...